GETTING TO AXAT restaurantaxat
While in days gone Axat and the mountains of Pyrenees could be accessed only with great difficulty. Today the region boasts an excellent road transport, making it easy to get to for visitors in cars.
No matter how you decide to travel to Axat, this region in the south of France is accessible thanks to its modern transport network.
Hotel Axat is only a good half hour drive from the French-Spanish border. Here the roads goes through small village idylls in both Aude and Pyrenee Orientales. Beautiful natural backdrop get your thoughts far away from the everyday grind.
Driving to Axat in your own car is easy, whichever direction you are coming from. Driving on French motorways is relatively pleasant. Most autoroutes requires a toll, while all other roads are accessible free of charge. The most direct route is a fairly straightforward north to south line via Paris, Orléans, Limoges and Toulouse. Whichever route you take, fantastic views are guaranteed! For more information about driving in France, see about-france.com.
Guests planning to arrive by airplane will find direct flights from many European cities.
Axat can be easily reached from no fewer than seven airports —
• Carcassonne (CCF), the nearest (65km)
• Perpignan–Rivesaltes (PGF), mostly seasonal flights (65km
• Toulouse Blagnac (TLS), a more significant international airport (148km)
• Béziers Cap d’Agde (BZR), a little further than the other French airports but a very easy drive (145km)
• Montpellier (MPL), easy drive (207 km)
• Girona–Costa Brava (GRO), just over the border in Spain (170km) —100km from Barcelona;
• Barcelona-El Prat (BCN), a major international airport which (255km), is easily accessible by a fast train from Perpignan.
Airlines serving these airports include Brussels Air, KLM, Air France (Toulouse) RyanAir (all except Toulouse), easyjet (Toulouse and Barcelona),flybe (Perpignan), Jet2.com (Toulouse and Barcelona), Aer Lingus (Perpignan, Toulouse, and Barcelona), BA (Toulouse and Barcelona) and many others. Norwegian (Montpellier).
Some airlines even operate a daily service to Toulouse. All of these airports have a variety of options for car rental
Travelling by train or bus is possible as well, but we do recommend your own car from one of the main stations to be able to get around in this beautiful area.